[ale] Linux support for Intel Matrix Storage Manager?

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Wed Dec 14 07:27:40 EST 2005

A few months ago I built a couple of servers on Intel 945G mbs
(Gigabyte from newegg.com). No problems on the build. There are no good
linux video drivers for the 945g, though. You either have to hack them
or use a generic driver. You have few options in chipsets which support
the dual-cores, of course. (It took me an RMA to figure that one out).
I don't remember exactly, but only the Intel 945 and another support
it. Don't depend on my memory but do look it up.

Just be aware that the Intel dual cores and AMD differ architecturally,
(AMDs talk chip to chip which is faster than Intels talking over the
front side bus which is why the Intels are cheaper).

Regards,
William
(I'm one of those nefarious top posters. Don't try to sway me.)