[ale] Laptop and linux

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Dec 13 13:47:21 EST 2005

Tim Watts wrote:
> Thanks for all the feedback, people. At the moment it looks like I'll be
> giving the Emperor folks a call, even though it's a bit more than I had hoped
> to pay. But it will be nice to have a system that works right from the start
> -- my aim is writing code not hacking hardware.

I've not followed the thread, so if this is redundant, my apologies...

Emperor will also load Linux on your existing laptop for $$$$, which
might be cheaper then purchasing hardware directly from them.  Price
there laptops verses getting the laptop somewhere else and having them
set it up.  I think it's around $200.

I purchased my Sony Vaio from Emperor, you can't get better support
locally for a laptop running Linux.

--
Until later, Geoffrey