[ale] Laptop and linux

Philip Polstra ppolstra at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:23:03 EST 2005

I had an HP and the problem I ran into was the Broadcom wireless chipset
doesn't have Linux drivers.  You can use NDISWrapper if you can get the card
to turn on.  I now use a Toshiba M65 with the Centrino chipset which is
supported natively in the later kernels.  I loaded SuSe 9.3 Pro on mine and
it works great other than not wanting to support the higher resolution my
screen offers.