[ale] Laptop and linux

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Dec 13 09:08:56 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 08:54 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Tue December 13 2005 8:46 am, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > www.emperorlinux.com
> >
> > Local bunch does awesome work with laptops. Full installation and
> > support after the sale.
> I see Dells, IBM, and Sonys, but no HPs
That's because HP laptop are somewhat poor quality mechanically and
dubious quality electrically. They seem to have power supply issues
affecting battery life, and other issues as well. I have multiple
clients with a plethora of laptops. They all hate the HP laptops. Yes,
they cost less to start with. But that is an ongoing issue later.

> ... I was looking at an HP
> myself.
> and $2100 for the cheapest Sony is a bit out of my price range..

They only carry laptops that have an actual expected lifespan of 3-5
years in actual use. Once the laptop gets under $1500, it is a
disposable, albeit expensive, one.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>