[ale] Disappointed, could not find SUSE 10.0 to buy this morning :(

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 09:47:20 EST 2005

On 12/11/05, Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot at pcartwright.com> wrote:
> On Sun December 11 2005 5:01 pm, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> > If the md5 values for the rpms were retrieved from Novell/SUSE, then
> > one could use that to verify the apt rpms, but I don't know if apt
> > does that. I would guess no.
>
> smart isn't apt, or...is it?

Smart is multi-format from what I've read and can pull from several
different format of repository. ie. apt/red carpet/etc.

Unfortunately is does not support YAST repositories (yet?).

The channels/repositories you said your using are all apt.

ie. from the private mail:
[suse-apt-base-gwdg]
name = SUSE Linux packages apt-rpm repository on ftp.gwdg.de
baseurl = http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386
type = apt-rpm
components = base

Greg