[ale] Disappointed, could not find SUSE 10.0 to buy this morning :(

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sun Dec 11 13:25:38 EST 2005

On Sun December 11 2005 11:54 am, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> Paul I did try smart and it seemed like a great tool for an
> enthusiast. ?ie. the exact market SUSE 10.0 is sold into.
> ?Personally I use it primarily as a business tool so I would prefer
> official rpm sources.

well, I'm not sure what "official" rpm sources are different from
others, but the smart update tools determines dependencies, etc,
correct? so, how does it know unofificial dependencies?
I'm curious as to how YOU/and/or/smart determine the dependencies, and
what the difference between the two is?

> And uniquely to my line of business if I use a SUSE distro to
> analyse a client drive I may have to testify to the origin of the
> tools I used. ?I need to be able to say Novell/SUSE, not an
> unofficial apt repository.

I'm sure any company involved with a gov't or critical needs operation
would have similar issues with a rogue/non-official update process..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800