[ale] Fedora Core 4 - VT switching problem

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sun Dec 11 06:28:30 EST 2005

On Sun December 11 2005 2:56 am, Raylynn Knight wrote:
> I have updated to Fedora Core 4 on an old Compag Deskpro EN with an
> ATI 3D Rage Pro video card. ?X is using the ati module with the
> atimisc submodule. ?When attempting to switch from X to a VT (i.e.
> Ctrl-Alt-Fx where x is between 1 and 6) I get a mostly black screen
> with smeared image of the X desktop in the top left quarter of the
> screen and no visible cursor. ?A google search has not proved very
> helpful. Everything was fine with Fedora Core 3 and booting a
> Knoppix 4 DVD allows access to VTs with no problems. ?Any insight
> into correcting this problem would be greatly appreciated.

did you rerun the ATI driver install ?? every time I update my kernel
in SUSE I have that same problem and have to reinstall the NVIDIA
driver. Booting your Knoppix DVD shows that it finds and configures
your video correctly, so probably all you need to do is reconfigure it
in FC...
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800