[ale] Disappointed, could not find SUSE 10.0 to buy this morning :(

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 18:17:55 EST 2005

On 12/7/05, Thomas Stromberg <lists at stromberg.org> wrote:

> On 7 dec 2005, at 15.18, Thomas Stromberg wrote:
>
> > It's also on the FTP sites, and should be installable from the CD
> > copies if you feed it one of the FTP mirrors as a source. Otherwise,
> > try:
> >
> > http://suse.mirrors.tds.net/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/
> > inst-source/suse/i586/xfsdump-2.2.30-2.i586.rpm
>
> After posting, I noticed that this RPM is for the open source (OSS)
> edition of SUSE 10.0 (OpenSUSE).  The RPM should be compatible with
> the professional package, however. It may not be the best thing to
> add it as an installation source in YaST if you are running 10.0
> Professional, just in case there are some RPM's that are shipped
> differently in the OSS version.
>
> // Thomas Str?mberg

Thanks Thomas,  I finally found time yesterday to go to Fry's and pick
up a copy.

As far as online repositories of the various SUSE 10.0 rpms, Paul
Cartwright told me about "smart" as a tool to download various SUSE
rpms from apt repositories.

AFAIK, the apt repositories are not official, so I don't know of
anywhere to get official rpms online.  The various ISOs you can
download don't have all the rpms the retail version does (ie.
xfsdump).  That is one of the things that drove me to go buy a retail
copy.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer