[ale] Tarring Root FS

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 16:11:10 EST 2005

Too bad you weren't using mksysb itself.  It has within it the
ability to skip directories you spec in a file.  You can also tell it
not to make bootable, thus (in effect) having a full backup minus the
directory you specify on a non-bootable tape.

I always do mksysb -i /dev/rmt0 .

Good luck!

Jerald M. Sheets jr.
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator