[ale] missing dependencies

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 6 20:13:00 EST 2005

On Sunday 04 December 2005 19:13, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> KDE works perfectly on FC.
>
> You need to spend some time at fedoranews.org, and read the articles
> regarding looking at the appropriate Yum repositories, importing the
> right keys, and the various other "issues" associated with FC3.
>
> Specifically:
>
> http://fedoranews.org/articles/
>
> and
>
> http://fedoranews.org/contributors/
>
> I've moved wholesale to FreeBSD and OSX, but the last distro I used
> as a desktop was FC3 + KDE.  It just "works" on FC3.
>

> Jerald M. Sheets jr.
> Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator
> The Weather Channel Interactive
> 404.293.8762

You experience was different from mine. I quit using Fedora in general because
of the problems I had with using KDE in FC3. I didn't like what it did to the
menus. I didn't like missing options in the control center. I hated the way
dependencies were set and I often had trouble building other KDE apps I had
downloaded. All of that went away for good when I switched to Slackware. And
on the KDE-Linux mailing list, Rex Dieter finds lots of people looking for a
way to make KDE work better on Fedora. That's why the KDE-Redhat project is
still going strong.