[ale] Important Notice from the Georgia Technology Authority

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 09:41:28 EST 2005

On 12/5/05, James P. Kinney III <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 03:29 -0500, Rob wrote:
> > All information was from the year 2002. They have released an official press
> > release dated Monday, December 05, 2005 stating as such.
> > http://tinyurl.com/c3dh8
> >
> > -Rob
>
> All of this underscores the _real_ problem of identity theft: It's not
> the computers, it's the people who use them.
>
> Unless is a Micro$oft system then it's the "failure by design" issue
> which the EULA says is NOT Redmond's liability.

I understand, GA had a State IT security officer (CISO) leave around
2003.  Did not bother to fill the position until a couple months after
the above incident.

Must be fun to have one of your first job responsibilities be to
answer questions at a press conference. :(

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group