[ale] MySql: How do I grant all priviledes to a remote user

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 16:59:45 EST 2005

On 12/1/05, George Carless <kafka at antichri.st> wrote:
> > > I've created a user/password pair and can login, but how do I give
> > > that user full privileges?
> > >
> > > Specifically, I want to have the ability to create databases, tables,
> > > fields, etc.
>
> You specify what the user gets in your GRANT statement.  See e.g.
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/grant.html

I may have gottern confused, but I think with

    grant all on * to 'greg'@'10.0.1.159';

I was able to do almost everything but create databases.  WIth

    grant all on * to 'greg'@'10.0.1.159' with GRANT OPTION;

I can now create databases as well.

Thanks for man page reference.  I actually bought a MySQL admin book
this morning with the assumption that it would discuss this type of
thing in detail, but dispite many pages on granting privileges it
really had little to say.

Thanks
Greg