[ale] HOW2 search for text in a "PDF" file ?

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Wed Aug 31 09:52:26 EDT 2005

I have a service manual library on CD for my car.  When I open it
there are a dozen files for the .exe to play with then there is a
folder labeled PDF.  In it are about fifty PDF's all label 10001 and
on.  Once I open them everything works like it should.  I had to open
each one at a time and create a table of contents for myself since
20004.pdf isn't very informative.  I don't think there is a way to
search the files without opening them in xpdf, acrobat or in my case
Preview.

Mark