[ale] Touchpad, ipw2200, USB Camera problems on laptop

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 30 21:26:53 EDT 2005

I can update that the touchpad is an ElanTech touch pad.  Very nice and
probably just needs a configuration of the buttons.  I think the driver
problem is a ACPI timing issue.  After a Google search of alot of sites
and lists, a FAQ for touchpad problems revealed that the mouse driver
can be prevented from getting it's interrupt by the ACPI modules.  If it
is delayed too long then it will give the type behaviour I am
experiencing.  I think ACPI problems are the bane of many Linux
installations now.
Dow