[ale] WINE question.....

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Tue Aug 30 10:48:40 EDT 2005

The "fixme" suggests that the Wine developers know about this as a
problem but either have not gotten around to fixing it or are not able
to fix it because the Win32 app uses the API in an undocumented way.
This is just part and parcel of dealing with Wine; if something you want
to do doesn't work, you can either hassle, pay, or become a Wine
developer or you're S.O.L.

The newer, more complex, or more Microsoft-origined a Win32 app is, the
less likely it is to run under Wine.  You can always see if Cedega
(Wine-for-pay) works any better.

Jeff