[ale] procmail using 100's of MB RAM

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Aug 29 08:00:41 EDT 2005

Procmail is what takes the mail from the fetchmail-to-sendmail process
and dumps it into the spools in /var.

Likely, there is a defective email that has setup a delivery loop. Try
stopping fetchmail, sendmail and then procmail. That should stop the
looping. Then go into the /var/spool area and look in the mqueue.in
directory for problems.