[ale] Voip on linux?

Brian Whigham oobx at itmonger.com
Fri Aug 26 11:52:30 EDT 2005

Robert,
You've asked  a very broad question.

I suppose you are looking for a one-stop computer app to work with a
provider such as Broadvoice, Lingo, or Packet8.  Try SJphone
(http://www.sjlabs.com/products.html) or Firefly
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-firefly).

If you just need outbound, look at voxee.com or voipjet.com.

I recommend you go out and get yourself an adapter (i.e. Handytone 286)
for ~$60 and talk with a real phone.  What's one more accessory in your
laptop bag?  It's smaller than your fist.

Or, if you really meant to ask "how do I run a kick-butt PBX on my linux
server?" see Asterisk:
http://www.digium.com/
http://www.voip-info.org

Brian Whigham