[ale] OT: Seeking consultant with cross-compiling experience

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Fri Aug 26 03:03:35 EDT 2005

John Wells wrote:
> Guys,
>
> We have a need to get our HPUX RISC-based boxes authenticating via LDAP.
> The boxes themselves don't have the GNU utlilities needed to get the
> various libraries compiled, and getting them on these old machines
> is...painful.
>
> I'd like to try cross-compiling the libraries for use on the boxes. My
> admin is rather green in this area and is struggling, and I frankly
> don't have the time to jump in the mix.  If you have experience along
> these lines and would like some part-time consulting work, please
> contact me off list.

Hi John,

   HP offers a large selection of GNU/OpenSource utils for free.  What exactly do you need?

Goto http://www.software.hp.com
   In particular, check out the OE bundle "Internet Express"

   Also, there is the Porting and Archive Center for HP-UX http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/

--
from Downunder, and a little to the left,
   Keith