[ale] Recovering from h4x0r (was Re: Cannot chown unowned files)

C. Lee Davis lists at geographic.net
Wed Aug 24 16:37:03 EDT 2005

I just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone here for helping a
relative newbie recover from a nasty situation.  FWIW, I was able to
return the damaged files to my control with chattr -sia, but I'm still
rebuilding the system from scratch.  The system was initially
compromised through the PHP XML RPC that was provided with Drupal 4.6,
which I had neglected to keep up to date.

Again, thank you everyone for your help.

--
                            C. LEE DAVIS
Fantasy Geographic Society               http://fantasy.geographic.net