[ale] Still no flames... :-)

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 13:58:27 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 13:44 -0400, Michael B. Trausch wrote:

> Yeah... Someday, though, people will figure out how to use document
> formats that are document formats.  :-D  Word is a proprietary thing,
> and before OpenOffice, what did people request when someone didn't have
> access to anyone else that had a Word license?

that's easy:  RTF.  It is the non-proprietary subset supported
universally.  If you send an RTF doc all platforms (at least all the
ones I know about) will be able to open and render it.  Avoid using
strange fonts/formatting and you should be good.

PDF sucks (requires bloatware to view).  JPG is better than PDF. ;-)

-Jim P.