[ale] Burn-in script

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at charter.net
Tue Aug 23 10:04:18 EDT 2005

Shane,

   I'd love to experiment with these! I've been trying to find
time to put together a package to do exactly what you're
doing.
   The company I work for, Linux Networx, has an internal
script called "Burn-Fu" that does this. I don't know the details
of it too well, but one code they use is called "memtest86".
It does an excellent job of sniffing out memory problems.
Burn-Fu also reads and write to every sector on the disk(s)
but I don't know what they are using to do that. There is also
a code for hammering the CPU. I'll see what I can find out
about the codes (I bet the disk code is a variant of Bonnie++).

Thanks!

Jeff