[ale] MySQL Cluster

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Aug 21 16:04:36 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 15:22, Chris Ricker wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Jeb Barger wrote:
>
> > I am thinking about setting up a little mysql cluster with some spare
> > hardware i have.  Does anybody have a linkie or a doc that will give me
> > some insight ?
>
> You really need to say more about what / why you're wanting a cluster.
> There are lots of ways of clustering MySQL, and they all have tradeoffs:

Agreed.  I'm naive about the ways but I've tried t master/slave and
found it only good for a backup storage of data.  You can not do
inserts to the slave.

I was originally looking for a way to cluster 2+ servers and have anyone
of them step into place during failover.  The only thing I could think
of was do inserts,deletes, modifications on all of them.  So one insert
execution would do an insert on all databases in the group.