[ale] Vonage redux

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Fri Aug 19 09:28:09 EDT 2005

Jason, Christopher, all -

Thanks for the help on this. I had a chat session with LinkSys customer
support and the respondent claimed VoIP needed port 53 for its own purposes.
In my case it creates no conflict, as anyone seeking DNS from that IP would
be SOL (to coin a phrase).

More globally, I know port 53 is open for outgoing and for replies so I
won't forward it unless the installation seems to need it.

Thanks again.

 - John Mills