[ale] Gone OT: Cobb Laptop Deal

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Aug 17 15:21:27 EDT 2005

aaron wrote:

> Stating it another way, if there were a Great Omnipotent Deity behind the
> existence of the universe, then the best argument for this ultimate
> intelligence would be a universe comprised entirely of the cyclic, self
> sustaining and evolutionary mechanisms that human science uncovers and
> explores. The perfect intelligent universe will allow that its all powerful
> creator need never lift a finger beyond the Big Bang; just light the fuse,
> pop a cold one, sit back and enjoy the fireworks!   There's nothing more
> elegantly intelligent than the idea of spark once, run forever!

Aaron, that's where your thought process is flawed.  God is a
micro-manager. :) (Thank God! :) )  Haven't you ever put your heart and
soul into the creation of anything?  Certainly you have.   Do you then
just sit it on the shelf and stare at it?  I think not.

How can you actually think that you could possibly understand the
thought process of God?

Please, don't let this start a flame war.  The list doesn't need it and
I want to have the last word.

--
Until later, Geoffrey