[ale] Ot: Geek Squad

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 12:33:55 EDT 2005

Well, we've also tromped on the idea of getting cars with 50hp and 0-60
times of 20 seconds. The Smart car achieves its stellar mileage with a teeny
engine, and really low acceleration times.

The cool thing to do to one, in my mind, would be to strap a second turbo on
the top and see if we can't get more horses out ot it. OTOH, for in-city
driving, and low-traffic highway driving, the low acceleration times isn't a
big deal. It's just the constant get-on/get-off driving of commuting on
short highway stretches where it would suck.

WMM

On 8/17/05, Matt Magee <mattslistmail at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I still find it interesting that in the early 90's you could buy at
> least three cars that acheived around 60 mpg (Civic VX, CRX HF and the
> Metro XFI). Now to get 60 mpg, the best we can get is the smart, which
> is far smaller and not really inexpensive either.
>
> Is this the best the world's engineers can do?
>
> Grant Robertson wrote:
>
> >I so wish the smart would come to the US.. They're becoming kinda
> >popular in Canada. Neat little buggers, and suprisingly roomy.
> >
> >-G
> >

> >On 8/16/05, James P. Kinney III <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:
> >

> >>I'm partial to
> >>http://www.zapworld.com/cars/smartCar.asp
> >>for geek-fleet cars.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s