[ale] OT: Ethernet over cat-3?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Aug 8 20:54:24 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 13:04 -0400, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Bear in mind you can get Cat5e flat cable for running under carpet now.
> I don't recall where I saw it now that I've opened my mouth...

Heh...hardwoods :(

Turns out I need to retain the phone line anyway, so I'll likely have to
drop.  It should be fun...it can't go up because of a flat roof above
and the switch is above the most remote and cramped part of the crawl
space...couldn't be in a worse spot.  And the switch can't be moved.
Here goes some fun.

Thanks for the suggestions!

John