[ale] multiple monitors - different desktops

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Fri Aug 5 11:22:36 EDT 2005

I know some of you use multiple monitors to "spread" your desktop over a larger space (or maybe different workspaces on each monitor), but do they have to be a matched set?

I am designing a setup for my home office and want to have a 19" LCD (centered) with two 17" LCD's on either side.  The 19" would be my main work screen and the 17's would feature my e-mail/spreadsheets/markups/whatever.

Any recommendations on multi-head video cards, setup options, etc?  What monitors are you using?

Thanks all,
Preston