[ale] changing terminal session name

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Tue Aug 2 05:31:53 EDT 2005

Another neat note - I worked out last night after much fun tinkering that you
can also set the tab name for konsole to be the current working directory
with the following in your .bashrc:

if [ ! $SSH_TTY ]; then
    export PROMPT_COMMAND='dcop $KONSOLE_DCOP_SESSION \
    renameSession ${PWD/$HOME/~/}'
fi

And of course, this can be used to set the terminal title as noted elsewhere
in the thread. This little bit in conjunction with vim setting the konsole
name to the edited file is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again to
everyone who posted!

-Jay