[ale] Basic web design fee

Patrick Bartkus list at trudiedolls.com
Mon Apr 25 15:12:59 EDT 2005

What is the going rate for putting up a basic web site?

I've thought of offering my services to an aquaintence or two to do them a
few simple web pages.

The scope of work would be 1) register a domain, 2) arrange one of those
$9.95/month web hosting plans, 3) use the Front Page wizards to put up a
basic web site. This is nothing real creative, no fancy graphics, no fancy
CGI work.

What do you charge for a simple, no-nonsense site?

Also, what about ongoing maintenance? I assume that most people charge an
hourly rate. What is a fair rate?

I'm not trying to take anybody's business, just earn a little extra from
my less-techie friends.

Patrick