[ale] RE: Open Exchange Query

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Apr 21 14:22:09 EDT 2005

I just noticed you said you were going to try it on debian.

If you have the commercial version, you don't install it on top of anything but the hardware. It does a complete install, and only needs to know things like the ip address, domain, dns and gateway address.

It should work fine out of the box, with just the site information required.  It should be easy to set up, but I just don't think its functionality is worth the effort.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
678-697-9420

>>> Dante.Martinez at entrebtg.com  >>>
Hi folks

I'm wondering if anyone here has used Open Exchange and can give me any feedback.  I've been trying to get it setup for some time and not having much luck.  I'm going to start over tonight and try with Debian and will post with any errors I get.

I'd love to get this working as many of my customers would go with it since they could continue to use M$ Outlook with it.

I'm also confused as the web site indicates there is a new version 5 - but I can't actually find the download or eval or even how to buy it.  The acquisition by Novell seems to be confusing matters.

Thanks in Advance

Dante Martinez
Network Engineer
Entre BTG