[ale] SSH Woes

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Apr 21 11:11:20 EDT 2005

Michael B. Trausch wrote:

> Does anyone here know of issues with 2.6.x.x kernels and long-term SSH
> connections?
>
> I know that if I SSH into my system with 2.6.11.7, the connection seems
> to randomly crap out.  If I do so to 2.4.29 or 2.4.30, it doesn't.
>
> This happens directly on the same subnet, as well as over the Internet
> with nothing between.

That's unusual.  I've got a number of machines on my network here and
I've got ssh sessions running constantly, for days sometimes.  All these
machines are running 2.6 kernels.

Are you getting any errors?  Log files or otherwise?  Are your local
machines using dhcp?  Possibly the lease is up and that's causing the
problems?  (Grasping some very long straws here...)

--
Until later, Geoffrey