[ale] Question about Access Points

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 19:10:48 EDT 2005

I use my DHCP server/gateway as the AP as well. Here is the
configurations I use:

----------
network interfaces config
----------
# Wired LAN
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
	address 192.168.1.1
	broadcast 192.168.1.31
	netmask 255.255.255.224

# Wireless LAN
auto eth2
iface eth2 inet static
	address 192.168.1.33
	broadcast 192.168.1.63
	netmask	255.255.255.224
	wireless_essid	SOME_SSID
	wireless_mode	master
	wireless_channel 11

----------
dhcpd.conf
----------
authoritative;

default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;

# Global options
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.224;
option netbios-name-servers 192.168.1.1;
option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.1;
option domain-name "example.com";

# Wired network.
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.224 {
	option broadcast-address 192.168.1.31;
	option routers 192.168.1.1;

	range 192.168.1.20 192.168.1.30;

	# Static hosts.
	host machinename {
		hardware ethernet 44:44:44:44:44:44;
		fixed-address 192.168.1.5;
	}
}

# Wireless network.
subnet 192.168.1.32 netmask 255.255.255.224 {
	option broadcast-address 192.168.1.63;
	option routers 192.168.1.33;

	range 192.168.1.34 192.168.1.44;
}

# Dead network.
subnet 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
}