[ale] Local DDS5 tape drive source

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Fri Apr 15 19:38:14 EDT 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 04:46 pm, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> I have a dds5 tape I need to read ASAP. ?Or within a few days anyway.
>
> Does anyone know of a local retailer where I could buy one this
> weekend? ?The HP site lists theirs at $1000, so I'm guessing the only
> 3 real possibilities are Fry's, Micro Center, and Comp USA.

No, but I might have one in my barn.
"HP Digital Data Storage Media Recognition System 90 meter data cartridge"
Arghh! No 5 mentioned on the tape....

The drive is in a Digital Prioris server that worked as recently as a year
ago. Never tested the tape drive, will attempt to do so if the above is
compatible.
--
William