[ale] WRT54G Firmware

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 23:54:44 EDT 2005

They don't have any obligation to do that. They are trying to sell
products to the average consumer not to the geeks who wants a cheap
embeded Linux box. Their only obligation is to provide the GPLed code
that they modified. I believe that if they really wanted to get nasty,
they could remove all the proprietary binaries from the GPL package
they provide and no one could do anything about it.

Personally, I don't understand why people even like the device. It is
severly lacking in ability when compared with a cheap "junk" computer
that can run a ready-made firewall like IPcop or your own set of
iptable and QoS rules. Were I the initiator of this thread I would
have put the thing up for sale the minute I realized the device won't
let me use my network the way I want to.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59