[ale] Palm OS sync challenge/problem

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Apr 14 22:24:26 EDT 2005

I have a Clie PEG TJ37, which does just fine for me in general, thank you.
However, I have one challenge which I consistently fail. I can sync
against jpilot under fedora core 2 just fine. However, when I want to
access the memory stick directly, using the DataImport application, I get
the following error in /var/log/messages

Apr 14 22:00:55 intel2 kernel: usb 2-3: new full speed USB device using address 7
Apr 14 22:00:56 intel2 kernel: scsi2 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
Apr 14 22:00:56 intel2 kernel: scsi scan: 56 byte inquiry failed with code 134217730.  Consider BLIST_INQUIRY_36 for this device
Apr 14 22:01:42 intel2 kernel: usb 2-3: USB disconnect, address 7

This is beginning to bug me. I want to be able to access the memory stick
(which is where I hide a number of pictures) from fedora.

Any ideas or clues??