[ale] Perl + SMS

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Apr 14 14:46:02 EDT 2005

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

    Christopher> Has anyone here been able to send a message to a SMS
    Christopher> user via Perl?

I did at $jobs[-2] to a Nextel phone.  They've got an email gateway
setup that you just mail to phonenumber at mumble.nextel.com (can't
remember what the 'mumble' part was, maybe 'mobile') and it'll get to
the phone.  Check with the service provider in question, as I'm pretty
sure T-Mobile has something similar so probably they all do.

Baring that, some of them have some sort of web interface that you can
drive using LWP (or WWW::Mechanize, or what not).

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'