[ale] Linux Evangelism

Robert Coggins ale at cogginsnet.com
Tue Apr 12 23:20:25 EDT 2005

All,

I just thought I would share this neat story with you all.  My dad is a
teacher and I would consider alightly above average with computers.  He
has never used anything but MS.  I kept talking to him about linux and
finally I was able to show him something on a knoppix 3.7 CD.  At that
time he was having trouble with his windows install.   I showed him how
he can use that CD to go in an recover files.  I then showed him some of
the programs on there such as open office and kstars.

He is a middle school science teacher and ended up using knoppix to
teach class using kstars.  He showed his principal and others this and
they all ohhed and ahhed.  He is also in a master's program.  They are
having some special technology class/presentations.  He is going to use
knoppix in his presentation and use openoffice for the presentation.  I
thought this was great and thought of you all when he told me about all
of this!

Rob