[ale] Burning CDs

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Sun Apr 10 20:22:32 EDT 2005

On Sunday 10 April 2005 03:34 pm, Dow Hurst wrote:
| So then, let's forget K3b for the moment. ?If you run cdrecord with just
| the -checkdrive and not the dev= option do you get the same output?

No.
This is what I get (useless data clipped):

[root at localhost etc]# cdrecord -checkdrive dev=/dev/hdc
scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
devname: '/dev/hdc'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version (schily -
Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c    1.83 04/05/20
Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'SONY    '
Identifikation : 'DVD RW DW-U10A  '
Revision       : '1.1d'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96R RAW/R96R

Sean