[ale] Burning CDs

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Fri Apr 8 08:10:08 EDT 2005

I think I need a little help.

I have been using xcdroast for a while now and it has always
worked well.  Until yesterday afternoon. From what I have been
able to figure out this program has some _issues_ with the
2.6 kernel.

I am running FC3.

I tried downloading and running the KDE software and it hangs
at exactly the same place as xcdroast:  while "scanning" for
CD burners and players.

I also tried removing xcdroast and reinstalling it, but that
didn't help: same problem -- hangs while scanning so I can't even
get to the point of building a conf. file.

I tried to run cdrecord from the command line, I really did, and
then I read the help file, and then I gave up! I would need a _lot_
of help to run that program from the command line.

Out there somewhere there has to be a workable way to burn CDs
using FC3 and the 2.6 kernel -- oh, and a GUI.

At this point suggestions would be appreciated.

Sean