[ale] AOL, DNS poisoning and spam

H. Adrin Story adrin at haswes.homelinux.org
Wed Apr 6 20:22:21 EDT 2005

Hey,

I got
; <<>> DiG 9.2.3 <<>> www.aol.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.aol.com.                   IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.aol.com.            1808    IN      CNAME   www.gwww.aol.com.
www.gwww.aol.com.       47      IN      A       64.12.187.22

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
gwww.aol.com.           234     IN      NS      mtc-gdns004.ns.aol.com.
gwww.aol.com.           234     IN      NS      dtc-gdns004.ns.aol.com.

;; Query time: 52 msec
;; SERVER: 205.152.144.23#53(205.152.144.23)
;; WHEN: Wed Apr  6 20:12:31 2005
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 123

I think the *.ru4.com is the popup and adds on the webpage.  www.aol.com
looks okay to me. but then I wouldn't know if it was bad. wait AOL is
bad isn't it?