[ale] code hacker recomendations

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Sat Apr 2 14:37:34 EST 2005

Hi All,

I have a disk from a specialized computer that controls other hardware.
  It is a nix based OS I believe.  We have no way to get any info from
the manufacturer about the code or help in improving it.  My boss has
asked me to look at reverse engineering it so we could write a
replacement.

Our company is very litigation conscious and savvy so I don't think he
would ask me to look into this if it was beyond our rights.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any books I can read to
educate myself on this realm of hackerdom?

Thanks,

Mark