[ale] Anyone having problems with comcast now?

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 11:06:22 EST 2005

I'm having trouble at home, and I wonder if it is a comcast problem.
I can only get to google on the web.  I can't get to cnn, slashdot,
xilinx, or even comcast.net.

I can ping okay, and use AIM.  When I try with wget I get:

1004] hirsch>wget http://xilinx.com
--10:55:20--  http://xilinx.com/
           => `index.html.1'
Resolving xilinx.com... 63.241.168.75
Connecting to xilinx.com[63.241.168.75]:80... connected.
Length: unspecified [text/html]

and then it hangs.

Anyone else with this problem?

Since I can get to google I can at least read my ALE mail, and read
about Google Gulp soft drinks.

Michael