[ale] Linspire and other commercial distros

Mlfveer at cs.com Mlfveer at cs.com
Wed Sep 29 10:21:05 EDT 2004

Hi guys,

I'm new to the ALE list, but not new to oss. Generally, what is the response to 'commercial' Linux variants? I cut my teeth on Corel's version of Linux years ago, and progressed to SuSE (which I now use). The reason I ask is that I am consistently asked for 'the easiest distro to install for a non-geek.' I've always felt that SuSE was pretty easy to install, but have read some glowing reviews of Linspire and Xandros.

Just looking for some opinions.

Thanks!

MLF