[ale] OT: System admin position

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Sep 28 08:46:40 EDT 2004

Guys,

I'm looking for a capable, pragmatic, dedicated and creative system admin
for a permanent position in the Greensboro, NC area.  If you're interested
and have at least two years of experience in a system admin role or
equivalent (or are an extremely persuasive, passionate and knowledgeable
hobbyist), please send me an email with the subject line "Timco System
Admin".  Include your resume, brief description of past experience, brief
description of what sets you apart from the rest of the crowd, and
required salary range, if you have one.

The position is with Timco Aviation Services (http://www.timco.aero), a
3,500 strong MRO (maintenance, repair, and overhaul of large aircraft)
company headquartered in Greensboro, NC.  You'll be responsible for
administering HP_UX (short term), Linux (short and long term), and Solaris
(undetermined).  The following experience is desired, but not (all)
necessarily required:

Progress RDBMS administration, PostgreSQL administration, MySQL
administration, RHEL, Solaris, Debian experience, HP_UX experience,
Apache, Perl, Python, Java, LVM, Raid, iptables, snort, nagios, CVS,
Subversion.

If the above list is any indication, you will multitask in the position.
 I guarantee you will not be bored.

Not sure if relo is available for this or not...I *may* be able to fight
for it, but probably can't get more that $1-1.5 K.

Only serious inquiries, please.

Thanks,
John