[ale] OT: Can MS IE Really Be This Broken?

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 14:52:13 EDT 2004

Be a control freak, it works for me. I always outline the
way I want the page to look in a master table before I use
tables to organize my content. Take a look.

--- Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net> wrote:

> I've attached a small bit of HTML that is a mock-up of
> the output of a
> utility I'm trying to write.  I'm not at all a Web
> developer, but I
> cribbed the HTML from one or more HTML guides I Googled.
>

> In Mozilla and in Konqueror, the two tables display
> exactly as I
> intended and expected.  However, in IE, the second table
> appears to the
> RIGHT of the first table, which seems to run counter to
> everything I
> thought I understood about HTML table formatting.
>
> Unfortunately, the primary audience of the HTML generated
> by my utility
> will be using IE by force (in other words, any invective
> I might
> generate about the use of standards-abhorrent Web
> browsers will fall on
> deaf ears).  So, does anyone have any idea how I can
> kluge this up so it
> will render in IE more or less the way it renders
> elsewhere?
>
> - Jeff

---------------------------------
SAREK Output
SR1 Requirement textThe system shall provide Web-based
pro-active notification for the inspectors of a new task
that they are to performNameSourceGorny Email
2003/6/18RevisedYesImplementationNoFeatureRegistration,
Transfer, Import Permit, Inspection, Biosecurity
TemplatePhaseOnePriorityShouldStatusProposedCostDifficultyMediumStabilityMediumAssigned
ToEnhancementRequestDefectCDC00000002LocationDatabaseUnique
ID52PackageSoftware RequirementsAuthorbautistas

&nbsp
&nbsp

SR1.1 Requirement textThe system shall provide
functionality to allow an inspector to retrieve/view tasks
assigned.NameSourceJAD Interview
2003/6/16RevisedNoImplementationNoFeatureRegistration,
Transfer,
InspectionPhaseOnePriorityShouldStatusProposedCostDifficultyMediumStabilityMediumAssigned
ToEnhancementRequestDefectLocationDatabaseUnique
ID53PackageSoftware RequirementsAuthorberesfordm

=====
Kevin Stoll
http://kevinstoll.com/

OpenSource Software...FREE!