[OT] Re: [ale] Vonage invite?

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Sun Sep 19 18:33:24 EDT 2004

> Are international calls cheaper than say, BellSouth ? If yes, how do
> they compare ?

I've not investigated too much.. but my family are in the UK - calls
there are 3c/minute, which I think compares favourably with my
girlfriend's bellsouth account.

> I thought any number in N.America was fair game. How many other
> exchanges than 404 are unavailable ?

I think most are available, but highly popular area codes are probably
not due to general unavailability.  I think those include exchanges like
212, etc.  But beyond that you can get a number in any available area
code irrespectiv of where you actually live.. and one thing that's kinda
neat is that you can add virtual numbers (I think they're something like
$5/mo) whereby people calling that number will be billed at the
appropriate rate so, for example, I could add a number in a San Diego
calling area and it would call my phone, but my brother in San Diego
would only be billed at a local call rate.

Cheers,
--George