[ale] VNC viewers for linux

Jonathan Rickman jdr at xcorps.net
Sat Sep 18 11:08:55 EDT 2004

> But, with one exception (screen dimensions), I think that the
> protocol is not part of the problem.  It's just client implementation.

On the whole, I would agree with that statement, specifically when applied
to your particular issues. However, the client can only be as refined as the
protocol/server implementation will permit it to be. Admittedly, I am no
expert on VNC...but it is clearly less refined than it's closed source
competition. So much so, that I pretty much gave up on it and sought other
solutions. If I had the knowledge and expertise, I might roll up my sleeves
and start contributing to the code base, but I am nowhere near that level.
YMMV.

--
Jonathan