[ale] binary compatibility (red hat 7.x to rhel3)

Bob Toxen transam at cavu.com
Wed Sep 15 18:30:23 EDT 2004

Try running strace on it.  It may be expecting a file in a different
place or one that is missing.  I just used that technique to figure
out why that poorly written kludge, up2date, stopped working on a
client's system.  Failing that, there's debuggers such as ddd and gdb.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]

"Microsoft: Unsafe at any clock speed!"