[ale] OT: HUMOR: [Fwd: The Sultans Son]

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Sep 14 15:09:37 EDT 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: The Sultans Son
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:01:48 -0700
From: glen mccready <gkm at petting-zoo.net>
To: 0xdeadbeef <0xdeadbeef at petting-zoo.net>
CC: Keith Bostic <bostic at bostic.com>

Forwarded-by: Darren Boyd <dboyd at its.to>

The Sultans Son

   Some years ago, a sultan was becoming angry as he had six
   children, all girls, and therefore had no son and heir. Imagine
   his joy when one of his wives finally presented him with his only
   son and heir.

   Just before his son's sixth birthday, the Sultan took him to one
   side and said, "Son, I am very proud of you. Anything you want, I
   shall get for you."

   His son replied, "Daddy, I would like to have my own airplane."

   Not wanting to do anything halfway, his father bought him
   American Airlines.

   Just before his son's seventh birthday, the Sultan took him to
   one side."Son, you are my pride and joy. Anything you want, I
   shall get for you."

   His son replied, "Daddy, I would like a boat."

   Not wanting to do anything halfway, his father bought him The
   Princess Cruise Lines.

   Just before his son's eighth birthday, the Sultan took him to one
   side. "Son, you bring so much happiness into my life. Anything
   you want, I shall get for you."

   His son replied, "Daddy, I would like to be able to watch
   cartoons."

   Not wanting to do anything halfway, his father bought him Disney
   Studios and their theatres, where he watched all his favourite
   cartoons.

   Just before his son's ninth birthday, the Sultan took him to one
   side. "Son,you are an inspiration to us all. Anything you want, I
   shall get for you."

   His son, who had really gotten into the Disney cartoons, replied,
   "Daddy, I would like a Mickey Mouse outfit."

   Not wanting to do anything halfway, his father bought him SCO.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995