[ale] Redundant File Servers

Matt Smith msmith at risklabs.com
Tue Sep 14 09:31:23 EDT 2004

I've been using DRBD quite successfully for nearly a year. (At the
suggestion of folks on this list).

It's in an Active/Standby setup - using Heartbeat/HA for the failover.
I've got a crossover GB Ethernet for the replication, and a serial null
modem for heartbeat.  It's failed over on its own several times without
me even noticing it.  I have had a couple of instances where DRBD
doesn't totally start up (one of the 7 volumes fails) but reloading it
manually works every time.

I'm just using NFS, so I can't comment outside of that - but for me it
works great!

--Matt